The Ministries of the Dominican Shrine of St. Jude
The Dominican Shrine of St. Jude, located at St. Pius V Catholic Church in the Pilsen neighborhood on Chicago’s near west side, has been a helping people grow in their faith and find hope through intercessory prayer since 1929. Over its 86 year history countless people from all over the world have visited the Shrine, taken part in our Solemn Novenas, and attended weekly Masses. Even though the Shrine itself is steeped in the rich traditions of our faith, it has not stayed static; it has been quietly changing to meet the needs of today’s Catholics.
We are very excited to usher in a new chapter of the Shrine’s history. We want to bring the Shrine to you! We want to get back to the roots of our patron, the Apostle St. Jude Thaddeus who was chosen and sent by our Lord Jesus to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world. So, we are happy to officially announce that the New Ministries of the Dominican Shrine of St. Jude are available.
In order to better meet the needs of God’s people, we now offer a wide range of educational and spiritual programs for parishes, schools, and other Catholic groups.
- One evening St. Jude Blessing Masses with a blessing of St. Jude Oil
- One to three evening St. Jude Missions
- Full nine day St. Jude Novenas
- Workshops and lectures on Catholic Spirituality
- Workshops and lectures on Catholic Devotions including the veneration of relics
- Workshops and lectures on Catholic Prayer
- Free student presentations for Catholic Schools or Universities on Spirituality, Devotions, Prayer, and relics
- Free presentations for RCIA, CCD classes, or Home School classes